two buildings (see below) are the last visible evidence of the
salt industry that flourished along the coast from Roman times
until the middle of the 19th century.
A company called Stone and Rowe was the last in operation and occupied these
two buildings. They ceased production in 1866. The waterway is called Mosses
Creek and was used by barges to bring in the coal.