A walk around Lymington
 
Bath Road
The Royal Lymington Yacht Club began its life in 1922 as the Lymington River Sailing Club and shortly afterwards found a home in a disused boathouse beside the River. This original structure remains, just, as the southern wing of today's building. The membership is now around 3,000.
The Club is honoured to have Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal as its Patron.
Wilfrid Ball's work, showing this part of the river in about 1900. Wilfrid Ball (1853-1917) settled in Stanley Road, Lymington after he married in 1895. He died of heat exhaustion in Khartoum during WWI while working as an administrator for the British Army.
The Burrard family helped to introduce gas street lighting to the town in 1832. To commemorate their help the town erected a decorative double headed lantern which stood for many years in St Thomas's Street. It was rescued in 1959 from the scrapyard and now stands outside of the Royal Lymington Yacht Club (seen in main picture).
 
 
 
 
Pictures of Lymington town and countryside