A walk around Lymington
 
View over Oxey Marsh
Until the second world war this area of Oxey Marsh was used as a golf course. Lymington Golf Club formed in 1893 as a 12 hole course (reduced to 9 holes in 1910). Forced to close in 1916 after a great tidal wave breached the sea wall in this area. The course was again flooded in 1937 during a violent storm and with the onset of the Second World War the course was closed.

Further areas of Oxey marsh were also used for archery and rifle shooting (all below sea level).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pictures of Lymington town and countryside
     
 
 
 
 
 
Larger map