old map of lymington
  Old Aerial Photographs of Lymington and the surrounding area
 
  Click on the navigation arrows to proceed through the photographs

Aerofilms was the first commercial aerial photography company, set up by former First World War pilot Francis Lewis Wills in 1919. Wills began taking aerial photographs of Britain in the 1920s from a biplane. He captured the images onto plate negatives. The Aerofilms archive, containing more than one million photographs, was sold to English Heritage in 2006.

1928 - Lymington Quay
(English Heritage)
1928 - Lymington swimming baths (English Heritage)
1928 - Lower High Street
(English Heritage)
1928 - Town centre (English Heritage)
1928 - St Thomas Street (English Heritage)
1943 - River and town landscape
(English Heritage)
c1950 - Lymington town and river *
c1950 - Lymington River * a series of photographs following the river from Boldre
1954 - River and salt marsh (English Heritage)
1959 - Pier, river and boatyard (English Heritage)
1959 - Toll bridge, river and quay(English Heritage)
1961 - Lymington town (English Heritage)
Aerial photographs of the river and reedbeds
2007 - Lymington River and Reedbeds

2007 - Walhampton and the Reedbeds
2007 - Walhampton and the ferry terminal
2007 - Lymington River
2007 - Lymington viewed from Walhampton
Aerial photographs of the town and river.
1920s - Ferry

1930s - River
1930s - River and town centre
1930s - Royal Yacht Club
1950s - River
1960 - River and town centre
1980s - River
2003 - West of town centre
2003 - Lymington - view from the east
2003 - Lymington - view from the west
2003 - Marinas
2003 - North of town centre
Aerial photographs from other local areas.
1930s - Lyndhurst Church
1930s - Milford on Sea

1950s - Milford on Sea
1950s - Naish Farm
1910s - Christchurch town
1950s - Christchurch quay
1950s - Lyndhurst
1950 - Southampton Docks *
1930s - View from Tennyson Downs
1950s - Beaulieu River
2003 - Setley Pond, Boldre
2003 - Balmer Lawn hotel, Brockenhurst
 
Page updated 16-01-2017